The 105–Room Hyatt House hotel opens in Lewes, Delaware, conveniently located near the famed Rehoboth Beach
LEWES, DE (February 10, 2022) – Hyatt House Lewes/Rehoboth Beach, the first Hyatt House hotel in Lewes, DE opens its doors to guests and the local community. Developed by Harvey, Hanna & Associates and operated by TKo Hospitality Management, Hyatt House Lewes/Rehoboth Beach is conveniently located in the heart of Lewes (17254 Five Points Square, Lewes, DE 19958) The hotel will provide guests with the service and convenience of hotel living with the casual comforts of home.
The new 105-room, extended stay contemporary hotel, features all suite rooms with kitchenettes, a fitness center accessible to all guests, a dining/bar area, meeting rooms, Delaware’s largest indoor lap pool, and an outdoor communal area with fire pits and gas grills. Hyatt House Lewes/Rehoboth Beach is well-positioned to accommodate long-term stay guests and beach visitors as well as guests and customers from surrounding businesses and colleges.
Hyatt House Lewes/Rehoboth Beach is ideally situated in the center of all that Lewes has to offer, near Cape Henlopen State Park, local beaches, fresh seafood restaurants, as well as ice cream and specialty shops. With a quick ride to famed Rehoboth Beach, hotel guests can enjoy taking a walk along the vibrant boardwalk, complete with traditional boardwalk games, world-class restaurants, unique shops, and sprawling beaches.
“We are proud to work with Harvey, Hanna & Associates to continue expanding the Hyatt House brand throughout the Delmarva Peninsula,” said President and COO Vince DiFonzo of TKo Hospitality. “We are experienced with managing flag hotels in the region, including many Hyatt branded hotels. We have successfully managed and operated the award-winning Hyatt Place Dewey Beach in Delaware and Hyatt Place Ocean City/ Oceanfront in Maryland.”
Hyatt HouseLewes/Rehoboth Beach offers:
- 105 guestrooms, including apartment-style kitchen suites with fully equipped kitchens, comfortable living rooms, spacious bedrooms, and stylish bathrooms
- Free Wi-Fi throughout hotel and guestrooms
- The Commons, a laid-back lounge with an open and welcoming space for guests to relax, gather and socialize, in addition to the Outdoor Commons, which includes an outdoor fire pit, TVs, and BBQ, the perfect place to sip cocktails and enjoy savory bites
- Complimentary breakfast for guests featuring a made-to-order omelet bar, savory options, fresh fruits, yogurts and more
- The H BAR, which features the Sip + Snack menu, a delicious menu with items including soups and sandwiches, plus premium beers, and wines, offered seven days a week
- 24-hour H Market to meet the everyday needs of guests, from snacks and sundries to freshly prepared salads and sandwiches
- 24-hour gym to keep fitness routines going
- Gathering rooms with 770-square-feet of flexible meeting spaces, a tasty food and beverage menu, audiovisual equipment, and a House Host to make sure events are a real crowd pleaser
- Borrows menu with often-forgotten items from phone charges to razors available for guest usage
- Very Important Resident (VIR) program, including complimentary grocery shopping, and other personalized perks, for guests who plan to stay 30 or more consecutive nights
- Delaware’s largest indoor pool to get laps in while on the road
- Pet friendly accommodations so guests can bring their furry family members along on their trip
“After having proudly established the very first Hyatt branded hotel in Dewey Beach, DE, we committed early on to expanding Hyatt’s offerings on the Delmarva Peninsula for our loyal patrons,” stated Thomas J. Hanna, president, Harvey, Hanna & Associates. “While COVID-19 disrupted the hospitality industry nationwide, we strongly believe in the fundamentals that exist within the mid-Atlantic’s drive-to resort markets. There are more than 30 million people located within a three-hour drive of the Delmarva Peninsula. We are confident in the anticipated post-COVID recovery throughout the Delmarva Peninsula, and we are positioning HHA and its partners for new challenges and greater successes.”
HYATT HOUSE LEWES/REHOBOTH BEACH LEADERSHIP
Hyatt House Lewes/Rehoboth Beach is under the leadership of general manager, Alexandra Kennedy-Hutchinson and director of sales, Ashlee Martinelli. In Hutchinson’s role, she is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the hotel, including overseeing the hotel’s 50 associates and ensuring guests enjoy the thoughtful service for which the Hyatt House brand is known. Martinelli is responsible for providing sales service and support to travelers and meeting planners frequently visiting the Lewes/Rehoboth beach area.
For more information, please visit Hyatt House Lewes/Rehoboth Beach.
Guided by its purpose of care, Hyatt’s multi-layered Global Care & Cleanliness Commitment further enhances its operational guidance and resources around colleague and guest safety and peace of mind. More information on Hyatt’s commitment can be found here: hyatt.com/care-and-cleanliness
The term “Hyatt” is used in this release for convenience to refer to Hyatt Hotels Corporation and/or one or more of its affiliates.
ABOUT HYATT HOUSE
Hyatt House hotels are designed to welcome guests, including World of Hyatt members, as extended stay residents seeking the conveniences of home. Modern, apartment-style suites with fully equipped kitchens and separate living and sleeping areas provide guests a stylish and comfortable environment so they can better maintain their work and personal routines while traveling. At more than 100 locations, the Hyatt House brand delivers home-like amenities, neighborly service and upscale spaces, including free hot breakfast for guests with made to order omelets; H Bar with a Sip + Snack menu; and indoor and outdoor communal spaces for productivity or relaxation. For more information, please visit hyatthouse.com. Join the conversation on Facebook or Instagram and tag photos with #HyattHouse and #WhySettle.
ABOUT HARVEY, HANNA & ASSOCIATES, INC.
Harvey, Hanna & Associates is a full-service Wilmington, Delaware based real estate redevelopment company featuring 3.5 million square feet of prime location industrial, office and hospitality real estate in the Mid-Atlantic region. For more information, please visit www.HarveyHanna.com
ABOUT TKO HOSPITALITY MANAGMENT
TKo Hospitality, an affiliate of Harvey Hanna and Associates, is a specialized hospitality management company in the Mid-Atlantic region. TKo has built a leadership team with over 100 years of combined hospitality industry experience with aggressive plans to grow the company over the next few years. Our team has extensive brand management experience with all the major brands that include Marriott, Hilton, IHG, Starwood, Hyatt, Choice as well as independent properties. For more information, please visit www.TKoHospitalityMgt.com
# # # # # # # # # #